Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Freshmen

Just last week, I was having a conversation with Daryl and Gary in McDonalds, 1U. We were reminiscing on the old days when we were in primary and secondary school. When we reached the part on our freshmen year in secondary school SMKDU, we shared how our freshmen year wasn't all it turn out to be, it is considered our 'Dark Ages', if you will.

While during our freshmen year of SMKDU, a number of freshmen already knew each other as they were in the same school from before (SKDU, which is relatively near SMKDU). As for the others (those from other schools), I believe that they will have a harder time to find a place within the school.

I remembered mine...
-------------------
*flash back*

-------------------

I was in class 1 Melur. The first 3 friends I made was Loh Kee Wen, Nicholas Ong and Chuah Min Ern. Of course I instantly recognised Wei Wen when he entered class a few days later since I already knew him back in primary school days.

Life goes on in form 1 as I choose to try out for prefect. That is only because my older brother was in prefect once, so I thought it would be fun. It wasn't that tough to pass being a prefect, especially when my brother was a prefect and the senior of my seniors in form 2.

Along the year in form 1, I was being a bastard (those who knew of my past would know of this), and being the naive prefect I was, I just went around doing whatever my senior prefects asked me to do, I followed the rules of the books (not entirely but most of it). This went on for too long to the point where I made more enemies than friends, even my fellow prefects then think I'm too bossy and too much of a bastard. When I was elected to become the Discipline Officer of prefect, almost all of the prefects threatened to quit
(but they didn't, because my seniors intervene).

Yeah sure, so much for my freshmen year, not to say mine was the worse, but it was bad enough for me.

There you go, my freshmen year in a nutshell.

--------------------------
*ends flash back*
--------------------------


Freshmen year is considered a very important year as this particular year is the decider of the remainder of your secondary school life. It'll decide where you will be in the hidden secondary school hierarchy. IT WILL ALL-SO DECIDE WHO IS POPULAR AND WHO IS NOT!

It is sad indeed to know these things exist, where freshmen face identity crisis and is finding his/her place withing the school's society. Perhaps they wondering that should they fail, they are doomed to live the rest of their secondary school life in dumps -so to speak-.

As much as I think these things shouldn't exist, it is inevitable. But to those who feel that they they are failing their freshmen year, don't fret. There are another 4 years to fix it. Sure it'll be a wound in your pass, but 'tis a wound that will be a reminder of how it came to be and how you fixed it.

Another important issue is that don't dwell in it. There are few I know that have this problem, where they wonder how their life turn out the way they did, and they hate it alot. DON'T FEEL THAT WAY! It'll surely halt your progress.

I may not be the best example, not am I the person closest to perfection. But I am glad that I had the very bad freshmen year I had. Through it I realise things, things too much for me to blog here. But to sum it all up, the end of form 5 I was simply labeled by almost all of the form 5 body of 2005 as:

"Oh Ean? Yeah I know him. Don't know him too well, but he's a nice guy..."

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I GOT THE

"JUST A NICE GUY"

LABEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm that boy which holds the new testament bible with me daily. I'm not the most popular kid in school, but I'm balanced enough to befriend everyone from the popular kids and the not-so-popular kids. Maybe that's why I was labeled the "Just a Nice guy" label.


Ok, thank you.
God Bless.

This is me, in Melacca with Lydia and Matt.

This is me, lost in Melacca with Stan, Matt, and Jon.

This is me, in PopArt with Jon, Ruz, Matt, Nick, Xtine and Sofia.

This is me, in Zanmai Sushi with Jon and Stan.




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(From Iron Man)
Christine Everheart: Tony Stark! Christine Everheart, Vanity Fair magazine
Tony Stark: Hi, yeah okay, go.
Christine Everheart: Mr. Stark, you've been called the Da Vinci of our time; what do you say to that?
Tony Stark: Absolutely ridiculous, I don't paint.
Christine Everheart: What do you say to your other nickname, the 'Merchant of Death'?
Tony Stark: That's not bad.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

 

  • ~View Guestbook~
  • ~Sign Guestbook~