Saturday, February 16, 2008

SMKDU Sports Day Marching Competition '08

SL(Y)180 won 3rd place again this year for the fourth time in a row since 2005.

Guess who won 1st and 2nd place this year....

YOU'VE GUESSED CORRECT!!! It's PKBM in 1st place and Police Cadet in 2nd.

=========================================================
I'm still waiting for my dear juniors to breach into the top 2, but then it got me thinking:
"The judges in our annual marching competition are of officers from PKBM and Police Cadet, or so I'm told..."
If that is true, then there is a high possibility that the judging has and always been biase. Well, we all knew that since a long time ago, I don't even remember when is the last time any other uniform bodies were in the top 2.

Sad isn't it? I was told that even the Scouts and St. Johns did great. For the Scouts, I am not surprise, they have always been superb in their foot drills. And I'm happy to see how far the St. Johns' have progress since the last time I saw them.

But the most creative formation would have to be PBSM's formation (and I'm stating this as an Art&Design student, not as a former member). I'm proud to see them trying out new styles and executing it boldly. I've one advice thought for them though, should any of my juniors read this:

"I don't know if any of you realise this, but we always have one weakness within our marching - IT'S VERY DRAGGY!!! I'd have to wait for a period of time before the next interesting part appears, there's no constant flow of energy."



With all that being said and done, I believe that the true first place starts from 3rd. Let the top 2 battle among themselves. Until the judging becomes fair, the top 2 place seems pointless.

GOOD JOB PBSM!!!

==================
Ok. Thank you.

No comments:

 

  • ~View Guestbook~
  • ~Sign Guestbook~